Sunday, February 7, 2016

Issue when flashing stock rom to run MM RUU

I am trying to update to marshmallow ( little behind I know). I have searched for my stock recovery and due to my CID number not being on the stock nandroid&recovery thread, it was a bit harder. I found a few posts elsewhere that Gabe a direct link to it, but I am running into a problem when flashing it. I may be doing something wrong, so hopefully someone can point it out, if I am.

When I flashed it the first time (to update to lollipop) everything went fine. But now when I flash it, I just get a little green progress bar that shows up at the upper right hand side of the bootloader screen. I have been using Windroid by the way, to flash said recovery. When windroid says it's completed, the phone reboots back to bootloader, and I am forced to re-flash TWRP.

Is this because I have the wrong recovery? Or am I missing a step in the process? You DO need a stock recovery to run the RUU, correct? My understanding of the process is:

Flash stock rom & recovery
Relock bootloader
Run RUU.

Please help. Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SCW4Tr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment