Sunday, February 7, 2016

Dell Venue 8 (3830/T02D) dynamic contrast bug? (Android 4.4)

Hi guys!
I have a strange thing on my Dell Venue 8 (3830/T02D).
While the auto brightness is off, the brightness is still changing, depending on the type of content. For example, if I scroll o long page with white background in browser, and suddenly some dark object or picture will appear in the window, the brightness of the screen will change. It happens constantly when I use my tab with low brightness settings.

In other words the brightness constantly jumps, when something happens on the screen, so it's really very annoying.
For the first time I thought, that it is hardware issue, but later I google the problem and find out some similar questions, where people say, that it is not a hardware, but Android 4.4 problem/bug or Intel compatibility issue (it was written, that many Asus tabs and even Nexus have the same problem and it is called dynamic contrast, that is stupid function exclusively in Android 4.4).

Is it true?
Will the downgrade to 4.3 help to get rid of this random brightness jumps?
Is there any fix/hack to override this problem without flashing/downgrading?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SCW4Tj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment