Monday, February 29, 2016

Does Android have these features?

I'm a big fan of android, used it for a lot of years since the HTC HD2 phenomenon started getting bigger and bigger. After that, fast forward, I've tried out an iphone 5 for a year, and I've gotten used to some features that I wish to see if they can be modded into android or even come with newer versions of stock android.

So, here's what I would like to see if it can be done on Android:
  • When you receive an SMS with some keywords such as "meet me tomorrow", tomorrow is underlined and after clicking it it jumps you to creating a pre-filled event for tomorrow.
  • When in the stock browser I play streaming audio such as soundcloud or a live online radio, the notification bar (and the notification bar in the lockscreen) pins play/pause & volume controls for that stream and, keeps them there even if I switch away from the browser and do something else, and that's a very convenient shortcut for me.
  • If you receive an sms, you can quickly reply on the lockscreen, you even get a keyboard
  • When I click a video, it automatically goes fullscreen, no matter if I'm on youtube or a webpage
  • Add shortcuts to web pages on the launcher

Are these features present?
Please, no flame-wars, this is just a subjective review of features that I use, not necessarily features that are the best or that android must have.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SbMdmp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment