Sunday, February 7, 2016

Verizon Hates Me...

So... I finally caved, and decided to replace my beloved Samsung Galaxy Nexus running CNA 3.8 ROM in December.

I still remember, however, that it took three DAYS (literally!) to get that phone rooted & install the custom ROM that I wanted some three or four years ago, so I did my homework this time. Well, at least I thought I did... (I have also installed a CM ROM on a Samsung 10.1 Tablet).

But Verizon Hates Me. I chose a Samsung (I like their products) Galaxy S5 because there were many CyanogenMod ROMS available for it... Hey, how hard could it be?!?

Many of you know the answer to that question... The first S5 I bought had already received a Verizon OTA 'Update' which completely disallowed any kind of rooting. OK, Lesson Learned, right? Back to eBay & I buy ANOTHER S5 (vzwlte) that was ALREADY rooted (TowelRoot/SafeStrap), and after my initial attempts to make the *bleeping* thing usable, I am THIS _||_ CLOSE to settling because while it does have root (meaning that I can live with it), I still completely cannot install a ROM... 'Latest roadblock is that I tried to restore SMS through Titanium Backup Pro, and now I can't get any SMS app to work, however that's not my question. (I can wipe it again and get back to 'Usable', but I still want the options available with a custom ROM...)

So... All that setup to ask my Question: What phone should I buy that is similar to the Samsung S5, will support VERIZON network, and allow me to root & install a custom ROM (preferably CM, but only because I'm familiar with that one)...? I think 5" is best for my needs, I don't care much between a 'good' and a 'GREAT' camera... I just want a reliable 5" phone that I can root, install a nice, stable, clean ROM on, and then add an ad-blocker!

Please, any suggestions?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QlHgSs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment