Sunday, February 7, 2016

new to XDA: navigate to kernel_source, where to program?

Hi. I am new to XDA and Android development, and am trying to learn some basics. I am looking over the tutorial at (stupid forum won't let me post outside links yet...) but it is flawed in a few ways. As of now, it says "browse to kernel_source". In my Android's default file browser, even with hidden files shown, I cannot find that location. Do I need a more powerful browser that lets me look at system files, or am I just misnavigating?

The tutorial is about adding features to the kernel, such as CPU governors.

Also, do I have to write android code on the phone itself, or can I write on the computer (much easier to use a keyboard) and transfer when I'm done?

Thank you!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NYHSfh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment