Sunday, February 7, 2016

Completely backup phone to PC?

Hi, forgive me if this isn't the right section for this, but it's kind of a general question.
So, I'm looking to upgrade my LG G2 (still loving it after 4 years now) from 4.4.2 KitKat to Lollipop.
However, I've made quite a number of changes and tweaks to my phone as of now (custom icons, changing ram settings, etc), and I have a number of apps and such installed and setup, and it would be quite a hassle to return to KitKat if Lollipop didn't work out for me. (I'd need it to work with all my apps and such).

So, what I'm wondering is, if it's possible to take a complete backup/image of the entire device, so that later, if need be, I could restore the device to that backup/image and it would be the same as it was when I took the backup.
I know of things like TWRP, but I've never used it, and I'm not sure what all it backs up.
I'd want all my apps, contacts, images, settings, files, tweaks, everything backed up. Essentially, the entire filesystem.
File size wouldn't matter to me, as I'll be backing it up to a PC, and the backup/restore time wouldn't bother me if it took a while either.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'd just like to know all my options before I take the upgrade plunge.
(I am fairly competent with Android, and have manually upgraded it to 4.4.2, but I've never taken a recovery or anything of that sort)
It's an LG G2 D800 AT&T model
D80020y Software version
3.4.0 Kernel Version
Running on the Tmobile Network

Apps that may or may not have to do with this that are currently installed:
G2 Xposed
Rom Toolbox
Busybox


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SCW7yC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment