Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Can't get podcasts working with native music app

I've had my unlocked Sony Xperia Z5 for about a month now, and I'm quite happy with it. I decided to root it after I found out the bootloader was unlockable, and that was mostly just so I could run a handful of apps that need it like f.lux or AdAway. I was able to root without my phone having to factory reset or anything, too; I didn't have to sign in with my Google account or anything again. I've also had zero problems with the supposed DRM on the phone, and the audio features all seem to work just fine. I am running Marshmallow with otherwise no problems as well.

However, one thing continues to elude me, and I've yet to find a single answer to it for several weeks. When I use the Music app, I can bring out the sidebar and scroll down to a setting that says "Podcast". I originally tried it out a few months ago on an Xperia C4 at a local store on display, and I was able to search up podcasts I normally listen to. When I got my hands on my Z5, I wanted to use that feature and add some podcasts in there. That way, I could have the music app handle podcasts instead of me having to use a separate app.

Now here's where my problem comes in. Whenever I open up the podcast option, the same thing always happens. Every single time. I'll click "Podcast" on the sidebar in the Music app, I'll see the "No items" screen telling me to tap the Plus icon on the top-right corner to add a podcast, I tap the Plus icon, and I'm immediately greeted with "No network connection. Make sure your device is connected to a network." Clicking retry does nothing. It's like the app just doesn't seem to think I'm ever connected when my connection works fine on just about any other app on my phone.

I've yet to find a solution on my own. Searching online turns up nothing, as if the problem is only happening to me or is too obscure. I've tried so many fixes on my own. Tried clearing the data on the Music app, tried clearing the data and following with a reboot, tried connecting to different networks, tried toggling my WiFi and LTE, tried just about everything I can think of. I'm stumped.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong at this point. I'm on rooted Marshmallow with an E6603 model Xperia Z5. Any suggestions on what to do from here, or am I stuck with a broken feature on the Music app? Granted I could live without this feature, but I would very much like to consolidate my podcasts and music into a single app.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1pE861Q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment