Friday, April 29, 2016

All Audio/Video Apps Crash Including Phone Dialer on Every ROM

I have the D851 LG G3 phone that crashes on every media app that uses sound and it does this on every ROM I tried. This originally happened while running Lollipop. The phone automatically restarted while I was browsing the internet one day (I think) and when it turned back on, it no longer produced any sound through the speaker or the headphone output (no music, no alarms, no ringtones, etc). I later realized that the phone dialer would crash every time I'd try to dial a number. The phone would make a call but you could not hear or be heard on the other end, then the dialar would crash. Video players, music players, YouTube and similar apps would either not produce media or would crash all together. But the phone worked flawlessly in every other aspect. After trying many things, I did a factory reset thinking that it would definitely fix the issue but I was wrong. The phone kept doing the same thing. At that point I thought that the issue might be with a kernel or the radio or something outside the operating system so I rooted the phone and began trying different ROMs. At first I reverted back to Kit-Kat then I tried Cloudy then a few de-bloated custom Lollipops and I even tried flashing CM13 Marshmallow but non these got my phone working. I now essentially have a phone that can't call but can message, take pictures and run non-media apps and I'm desperate to fix it but I have no clue of what to do next. Does this sound familiar to anyone and what can I try next? Could this be a hardware issue?(although a hardware issue I think would seem to yield more severe glitches) Any help is very appreciated. Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UkY7vk
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment