Monday, September 26, 2016

Rooted/unlocked phone 7.0 OTA/Android OS/Settings app using all of my cell data

I am running Android 6.0 (MHC19J) and noticed a TON of data has been used on my phone. 11 GB from "Android OS", and when clicking through apps, it looks like the Settings app used over 10 GB.

A while ago, I got prompted to download Android 7.0. I declined, but when I go to "System updates" it looks like it is trying to download, and install, Android 7.0. Since I am rooted, unlocked, and have a custom recovery, it obviously can't complete this OTA update. However, it keeps trying to download it and is tearing through my cellular data. It's used 10 GB this month!

So, I have two questions: First, how can I force the OTA update to download over WiFi? Second, how can I block the OTA from downloading at all? I'm going to get some serious overage fees this month. :(


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cFIej2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment