Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Cant copy file FROM sd TO internal-phone

ANdroid 6.0.1 S7Edge
Geezuz....this shouldnt require a post to figure out, but..... :(

Because my good ol' KeepassDroid password app cannot write to a database file on the SD, I must move/copy the database file FROM the sd TO the internal phone storage when I get a new phone..

I plug the phone into the PC.
On the phone I drag down to notifications, select the USB Charging notification, change to "File Transfer"
Now the PC can see CARD and PHONE
I copy the file from the CARD to the PHONE

Disconnect.

On the phone I open my KeepassDroid app, navigate to tell it where the new database file is, and......
....wait for it.....
It shows up ON THE SD CARD :mad: :confused: :(

In anticipation of some of your well-meaning responses let me assure you that:
- I'm POSITIVE I'm looking at the file I JUST COPIED to PHONE and not the original file from SD ( I even renamed it in the PHONE location to ensure I wasnt screwin' the pooch there)
-I DO NOT want to get a NEW app because I don't want to re-enter dozens/hundreds of entries.

Its almost as thought Android 6.0.1 is allocating CARD space as "internal storage" space to "help" us stupid phone-users along :eek: (to which I say "stop helping")

Any sage advice?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dzRXJt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment