Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Problem reinstalling stock firmware moto e 2

Hello, I have a motoE 2 LTE (XT1514 Surnia) that originally had Android 5.02, but it went to motorola for repair and came back with 6.0. Despite the upgrade, the bootloader screen still showed "software status: official".

Now I have unlocked the bootloader, installed TRWP] and used it to flash the stock ROM. I downloaded the XT1514_SURNIA_RETBR_DS_6.0_MPI24.65-39_cid12_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml ROM from this link I found on xda-developers. The system works but the bootloader screen now says "software status: modified"; before this process I made a backup using TWRP but after restoring the bakcup image the message still didn't change back to "software status: official".

I thought maybe I need to install the original Android (5.02) and then upgrade it to 6.0, so I downloaded the XT1514_SURNIA_RETBR_DS_5.0.2_LXI22.50-53.8_cid12_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml ROM from the same link. The problem is I get a failure message when I try to flash the 5.0.2 image

# mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.125s]
writing 'partition'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.570s

I did try with RSD Lite too, but I get the same message. I've read somewhere you can't dowgrade stock firmware, is the the problem here ? There is any workaround ?

My final objective is to have stock firmware with android 6.0 installed and the bootloader message saying it is official. I appreciate any help =)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2doTsvh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment