Monday, September 26, 2016

Clean State Install of latest CyanogenMod or Cyanogen OS

Hello guys,

first off: i had something to do in the past with all this stuff but my memory isnt that great anymore so please correct me if im wrong :)

so here's the thing: my OPO decided to not detect my SIM anymore, so i did a factory reset thru recovery. I also rooted the phone before with a video tutorial from youtube (don't know if i can link it here this is my first post^^). What it does is install SuperSU over TWRP. You then have root without erasing your data! I was kinda surprised because i read in other threads that it actually will.

But anyways back to topic. I am now on these settings:
Cyanogen OS 12.1.1-Y0G7DAS2K1
Stock Recovery
Rooted
Bootloader unlocked (not sure, but i guess otherwise it wouldnt work)

I received a message for the OTA Update to Cyanogen OS 13. Downloaded & installed it, phone reboots into recovery. Already surprised here because its not TWRP anymore but i guess it was just temporary for the root installing. Or maybe it was because i didn't unchecked the "update recovery" checkbox in developer options, i think its active on default.
But anyways, the recovery tries to install it and suddenly the menu shows up again with an android in the background (in his chest is a red warning sign). No error, just the graphical android in the background. After a restart, nothing changed still on the same version. I did a factory reset once more and also "deleted media" and wiped cache.

As i mentioned, im not up-to-date with the differences on CyanogenMod and Cyanogen OS.
What i want to do now:
Step 1: Format my OPO as clean as possible.
Is Factory Reset and wipe media etc. enough for this? Or do i have to hard reset it?
Step 2: Root Access and TWRP.
I lost both of these after an OTA update to my OPO. I guess it was when i received the Cyanogen OS update. I would like to know when exactly these two will be erased and what to do to not lose them anymore. I heard it differs between CM and Cyanogen OS.
Step 3: Decision what OS to use: CyanogenMod or Cyanogen OS?
Im willing to wait for updates as long as they're stable. And i would also prefer to just install them over OTA (when it works^^). I don't want to flash like crazy, i only want a steady, rooted, customizable OS. I searched on this forum but im not sure which are the latest versions of both and what the differences are. What would you suggest me on these preferences?
Step 4: Restoring my Data
I backed up my Apps with Titanium Backup and transfered the folder to my PC. Never used it before, so i would like to know if it can cause any problems if i restore it on a newer version of Cyangogen OS or even Cyanogenmod?

Hope i don't forget anything. Sorry for the long post & noob questions you probably read everyday :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d3QVD0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment