Thursday, June 30, 2016

soft brick?

I searched but cannot seem to find this situation and am unsure what the best approach would be.
Attempted to use odin in download mode unsuccessfully in windows (drivers probably not fully functional).

now:
Phone stops at first samsung logo that shows model no and goes no further.
SD card is formatted and there is nothing on it (no backups).
I can boot occasionally boot into recovery and download mode. There is nothing available in recovery as card is formatted.
I normally use linux, but used odin in windows.

The phone is not recognized in Windows and Mac (I did not try linux yet). It's as if the usb drivers partially install (e.g. mtp is not functional). I tried kies and 2 different driver only files.

Heimdall app on Mac crashed. I tried this procedure http://ift.tt/29f2FTj for rooting on a mac (the phone could not be detected)

Rerooting via odin also fails; nothing happens possibly due to the windows driver situation.

I can't flash anything from recovery as there is nothing on the SD card to flash. I don't know if there is a way to add something to the SD card so I could attempt to flash it.

Phone keeps restarting and I have to remove the battery to turn it off and then enter download or recovery but this only works occasionally.

Finally, I entered download mode and accidentally turned off the mac from which it was charging which caused the battery to drain. Now I connected to wall charger but it's either charging very slowly or not charging.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/295Yup6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment