Thursday, June 30, 2016

Am I Dead? (Losing Cell Svc)

For the past few weeks I've been losing cell service - a lot! With the phone at home where I normally get 3-4 bars, signal will suddenly cut out & I'll get the warning notification. BUT sometimes I seem to lose the phone part of the signal & the phone seems to have data - though even then it will often fail even when it says there's a data connection. (I hope this makes sense to someone.) Sometimes it reconnects on its own, but usually I have to search for network & re-register. And about 10% of the time it fails to register on the first or second tries. Variations on all this happen multiple times per day & I probably have any cell service for a total of 5-10 hrs on any given day. (But once in a while I do get a good day with almost no outage)

At worst, I could live with completely unreliable voice service for a while as I'm aiming to buy the upcoming new Nexus. The bigger problem is that I do need semi-reliable data - and when cell cuts out Cell Standby battery usage skyrockets.

*I'm on Wind Mobile in Canada so cell service is never perfect but this is WAY beyond normal failings.
*Wind has tested the network & towers at my apt & say all is 100%
*I've replaced the SIM card.
*I'm stock 6.01, not even rooted.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29jPyia
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment