Sunday, July 31, 2016

Unable to get root process to work right

I am currently following below process for flashing and rooting my device.

1) open sp flash tool. select Scatter file from target.bin in stock rom.

2) connect phone without battery and select firmware upgrade to go back to stock.

3) once starting download, put battery in the phone.

4) use marshmallow update zip in cwm recovery on phone. rename it to update.zip and install from recovery.

5) factory reset the phone after update.

6) install k3 note manager to root the device. simply click root.

7) do another factory reset.

After this, technically, I should be on stock rom with Marshmallow update, and rooted device. But, after I finish this, I am facing below problems:
1) I am unable to apply that wifi patch to fix battery issue. It reboots to TWRP recovery, and in recovery, there is no option for update or any zip file to flash.
2) NVRAM data is lost. I can write that data, but no idea why it is getting lost in first place.
3) Even after root, most apps are unable to use root access.

Can you guys help me get the device to official rom with root? What step am I missing here?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aqOzLX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment