Saturday, July 30, 2016

can someone here please clear up a few questions for me?

first of all, I'm new to android Modding and I was able to flash the unofficial CM12 rom and before that I'd also taken a nandoroid backup of my stock Rom. Now I have a few questions and was wondering if someone could point me to the right direction.

So, now that I'm on twrp for new layout, will I have to go back to the old twrp in order to flash older roms such as those based on kitkat and jelly bean etc?

If I flash the old twrp now, will the Nandoroid backup (that I took earlier) on the 'twrp for new layout' work? In other words, are the backups taken from twrp with new layout are compatible with the older twrp ?

since this new cm12 seems to be a bit sluggish and I want to flash a kitkat rom while I'm on this cm12, will I have to do it from old twrp? And if so, what about going back to older layout? How is it generally done?


And lastly, I have noticed that some roms come with custom kernels. How is one supposed to find the right kernel for one's device? Is flashing a custom kernel the same as flashing roms?

Thanks in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2alYxNu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment