Tuesday, May 31, 2016

No Deep Sleep?

Trying to figure out why my battery life is relatively crappy (usually averaging >8% drain/hour under typical use), even when I'm not using the device.

Anyone on Marshmallow (Android 6.0) able to experience the 'Deep Sleep' processor state? I cannot, and I'm trying to determine if there's a particular app (or more) that's causing wakelocks, or if this is just something I need to live with. Without root, it's nearly impossible to tell what's causing wakelocks directly.

If it is an app, I can try to find it, but I really don't want to uninstall and then selectively re-install hundreds of apps only to find out that the device doesn't sleep anyway (if rooted, I could freeze all user apps and then slowly unfreeze, but that's not an option without root).

To be clear, I'm NOT talking about the Doze feature that comes with Android 6.0. I'm talking about the Deep Sleep processor state that is below the low (384Mhz) processor state.

On all my other previous devices, I've achieved this state - granted, most of these were rooted, and I had custom ROMS and custom governors. This device seems to use the Interactive Governor. Maybe that governor doesn't sleep at all?

Anyway, if one or more of you confirm that you're achieving this state, then I'll burn some more time on it, otherwise....

thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XcaiwR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment