Tuesday, May 31, 2016

LG G4 (TMO H811) just up and died

So yesterday morning, I was going to put my phone on my wireless charging pad...nothing new in the mornings. I set it down, the notification led on the pad came on and the LED light on the phone came on. Within two seconds or so, the light on the pad started alternating green/red and the phone LED just went off. The phone instantly powered off.

I was not able to power it back on, full reset the device, nothing. A new battery didn't fix it, unit was not seen by my computer....it's dead Jim.

I talked to LG and they said it was a bootloop issue with the V1.0 hardware. I told the lady that it was not bootlooping...it would not power on at all...period...zilch...nada...nein. She said it must be a different issue and that since it isn't bootlooping, I must have gotten it wet (both the phone and battery moisture sensors are solid white) and that it fried the internal circuitry. Awesome troubleshooting there LG (morons).

I called TMO, they are exchanging it for the $20 replacement fee. All is well in the world I guess. I have seen and read a lot about this issue and figured I was just one of the lucky ones that didn't have a bootloop issue. Something bit me though.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TUrQJK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment