Saturday, January 30, 2016

Lumia 950XL - MTP working !!!

hi there

i managed to install a registry editor on my Lumia 950XL running windows 10
first put your phone in developr mode -> settings -> updates and security -> for developers -> developer mode
what i did...
  1. installed an old rom ( ROM 10.0.10586.0 ) to my Lumia 950 XL with Windows Phone Image Designer
  2. installed Preview for developers on it DO NOT OPEN IT (http://ift.tt/23A3j1z)
  3. Install NO updates and put the phone in airplane mode
  4. Moved the preview for developers app to my SDCard
  5. Unpacked (with winrar) an OLD VERSION if the CustomPDF_0003.xap to the root of my SDCard in an new created dir called "Install"
  6. Installed PocketPhoneManager4360.xap on my phone
  7. in the app Pocket file manager goto -> sdcard -> WPSystem -> Apps -> {178AC.8A1-6519...} and remove ALL files in this dir
  8. Copy the new created Install dir (see step 5) in this dir (sdcard -> WPSystem -> Apps -> {178AC.8A1-6519...} )

now you can start the app Preview for developers and play around

!!! I did not do much testing but i wanted to share this info first !!!


MTP is working now see my screenshot

below a picture taken from my phone running regeditor



from xda-developers http://ift.tt/23A3kTg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment