Sunday, January 31, 2016

Windows does not see phone no matter which computer/ usb cable/port I use

This is the 4th thread I've posted on this site, all 4 for the same phone (SM-S820L). I still need help with recovering data off my phone but that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about the immediate problem I'm facing which is, well exactly what you read in the thread title.

I've tried cleaning the contacts with compressed air, a brand new paint brush to pick out any debris, plugging into different ports, different cables, no usb hubs, restarting phone, restarting computer.

I need to mention that this phone will not boot normally, or into recovery, I can't even get the phone to go into download mode by holding down the buttons. Tried it innumerable times. It will only go into download mode if I turn it on, leave it plugged into the computer or charger for a couple minutes, and SOMETIMES the screen will blink and then proceed to enter download/Odin mode and not sure if it matters but qualcom secure boot is enabled.

I have never tried any rooting, custom recovery, this thing is stock. The thread title said it all, please help.

P.S. I'm willing to build/try a Linux computer if you think it's going to see my device better than Windows, but I am not experienced with Linux, and I think odin is windows only, but heimdall could work?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QQkLKa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment