Friday, January 29, 2016

Looking for second opinion before I replace the board.[GT-N8013]

I have the GT-N8013 note 10.1. It was rooted, running Omni 4.4.4 rom from about a year or two ago, using TWRP custom recovery. I mainly use it for Plex movie streaming and Pandora while I work. Yesterday I noticed it was sitting at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 splash screen, and it doesn't seem to want to boot anymore. At this point, it will only allow me to get into download mode and ODIN does recognize it. When I try to boot into the custom recovery, it will show the TWRP splash screen for about a second or two, then reboot and go back to the Galaxy note 10.1 splash screen. Below is a list of everything I've tried to fix it.

Through ODIN on pc:
-Flashed stock 4.1.2 rom from Sammobile, It "passes"
-Flashed stock recovery, It "passes"
-Flashed Philz recovery, It "passes"
-Tried having ODIN erase the NAND, but it always fails

Disassembled tablet and pulled battery for about 5 minutes and reconnected.

After all that, it still does the same thing. Turns on, and stays at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 splash screen and doesn't boot. From my searching around, I've found that the N8000 models(I would assume all models) seem to over time have faulty NAND Flash modules. It seems like that model has a modular NAND flash, however the 8013 doesn't.

Does anyone else know of anything else I can try before I replace the mainboard? Thanks in advanced for any info.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1P2ilDs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment