Monday, August 29, 2016

Wiko Rainbow Jam seems hard to root: I'm looking for help

Hi all,

I have a Wiko Rainbow Jam (which is provided with the stock rom "Wiko Rainbow Jam version 8", Android Lollipop 5.1 and the latest updates from Wiko), is about a week that I attempt to root my phone, but I am unable to do this operation, since I am totally unable to mount the /system as RW, and furthermore the bootloader is locked.

Firstly I found this method which consist to write/flash the TWRP custom recovery in place of the original one:
Root method 1
(sorry for the Google Translate link, but I cannot find the same how-to in English)

Which seems similar to this how-to
http://ift.tt/2bQx5Lq

But seems that these two methods will wipe/erase everything on my phone, and I would avoid this risk.
I also read that by flashing another custom recovery I will be unable to install updates from Wiko.

Then I tried this method using adb which is more simple:
http://ift.tt/2bQxmhu

But when I launch the "adb root" command, all that I get is "adbd cannot run as root in production builds"; so I attempted various workarounds to "fix" adb, but all unsuccesfully.

I have to mention the fact that I have some skills in using Linux and the shell commands: maybe there would be a way to place the "su" binary on my Phone using Linux on my computer, by logging on the phone as root user, by acquiring the needed privileges?

Any help/suggestion/hints would be very appreciate! :good:
Kind regards.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bu05vH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment