Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Google appoints Jeff Bailey as new head of AOSP

Android P was officially given a version number and tasty nickname this week. To go along with the big announcement of Android 9 Pie, Google pushed the source code to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). That wasn't the only new thing in AOSP this week. Google also named Jeff Bailey as the new lead for AOSP.

Here is a snippet from Jeff's introduction:

I also wanted to take a moment to introduce myself as the new Tech Lead / Manager for AOSP. My name is Jeff Bailey, and I've been involved in the Open Source community for more than two decades. Since I joined the Android team a few months ago, I've been learning how we do things and getting an understanding of how we could work better with the community. I'd love to hear from you: @JeffBaileyAOSP on Twitter or jeffbailey+aosp@google.com. Be well!

Jeff has been involved in open sourcing Android since 2008. He was just recently added to the Android team a few months ago. Before Google, Jeff spent 15 years working on Debian and has been a core developer for Ubuntu. It's safe to say he knows a thing or two about open source software. AOSP is in good hands.


Source: Open Source Blog



from xda-developers https://ift.tt/2Mxmtl0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment